воскресенье, 17 марта 2013 г.

Let's begin.


Let's begin.

 After more then 30 years of working my beloved Atari 130XE lost it's memory.
Memory chips are broaken. Full sclerosis!

So I was forced to work with emulators.
They all are perfect enough but my personal preference is Altirra.

IMHO the most valuable feature of Altirra is that even in "Warp Speed" mode it stays the speed of emulated keyboard on Windows responcibility (what saving standard Atari keyboard speed) instead of WarpSpeeding of Atari keyboard what leads to keystrokes like this:
DDDDDDDDDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIIIRRRRRRRRRRRRRR
and then terrible "File not found"...

Then lets begin.
Today I worked on creating useful ATR disk image for investigating PL65.
These efforts are documented here.

My goal was to determinate the cummulative comfort of PL65 as Integrated Programming Environment.
I prefere SpartaDOS as Atari Operating system. But I'm not sufficiantly qualified for SDX memory adjustment and thus the first memory problem will became the last.
I'm using Sparta, which can recognize H6: device of Altirra (This device converting ATASCII to ASCII and vice versa automatically thus I can write my codes in Windows and I can read it from emulator as standard Atary text.) Fortunately PL65 compiles from plain text instead of using tagged symbols.
And of course this DOS must be compatible with PL65 itself.

Here is the directory of disk:


Some more about utilities... I'm using AC.COM from "MAD TEAM" as the best file manager and txt/doc viewer, EDIT.COM as very useful text editor, DESEG.COM as file desegmentator (Both are created by great FJC), SHELL.COM and SFX.COM (by famous Tom Hunt) as PATH saver and selfextractor, and CHVOL.COM (May be Tom Hunt's too.) as volume renaming tool for Sparta and, at all I,m using HYPRAM.COM as 1088mb Ramdisk. That's all.
It's amusing that first time I have launched PL65.COM for obvious "Hello world!" compiling I saw this picture after all:


Noahsoft exhaustively working on PL65 have forgot about returning HW Atari cursor into scene. And this is a case of the need for programming in PL65!

I have launched Editor and after editing code and pressing a SECRET COMBINATION of OPTION+Escape tried to Compile the program.

Here is the result. Bad code:


It is a working PL65 code:


! CURSOR.COM
! The utility for restoring HW-cursor
MAIN()
  BYTE CRSINH=752
BEGIN
  CRSINH=0
END

And as the result:

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий